Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Adoption.....

Is something Matt and I have always talked about doing and we knew one day we would try to. Lately both our hearts have been pulled in that direction. I don't want to adopt a baby but an older child maybe Spencer's age. Babies are the most sought after and I have no fear that they wont find homes. I feel like my heart is in China. I want to adopt a little girl. This is something that we want to do so badly, open our hearts and our home to a child in need. But..... in doing research on it, we meet all the requirements to adopt a child from china ...except age. You have to be between the ages of 30-50 to adopt from there. They have such strict regulations and it makes me so very sad. With the disasters over there recently and all the orphaned children I hope that they become more lienient on the matter of age. I guess if not, in four more years we may do it when I turn 30, but for now it's just a dream I wanted to share.....

2 comments:

  1. Gary and I have always discussed something along those lines. We're going to try for our own, of course, but if some reason we can't (or even can), we'll still look into something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see a post on your move!

    ReplyDelete