Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Almost home owners!

Well it's official...it has been for a while, but now that it's getting closer it feels more like reality. We are moving! I am so happy to be getting out of this apartment, it just doesn't feel like home to me. I can't wait to have a backyard to let the kids go play in and let the dogs run around in. I can't wait to not have to carry groceries up three flights of stairs! The kids are excited to be getting their own rooms again...well Chloe isn't. She said she will be scared to sleep by herself, but her room has mood lighting so we can leave the light on for her and just turn it down until it's almost off and she should be find.

Lately she has been scared of everything. She wont even go to the bathroom by herself. I'm at a loss as of what to do, she doesn't watch tv during the week and even when it's on over the weekend they don't watch anything that would be scary to her. I took them to an event at the childrens museum a few weeks ago, called "My mummy and me" and they got to learn about mummies and egypt. She tells me she is afraid there is a mummy behind her. It was in no way a scary event at all, and i'm not sure why she would be scared. I guess I forget that no matter how big she acts she is still barely out of toddlerhood.

Spencer is doing so well with his school work lately, I am so proud of him! He has been getting 100% on all his spelling tests and has almost stopped complaining about doing his work. I have been giving him more responsibility around the house as well so I think that he feels more grown up.

I have been teaching them to unload the dishwasher, sort laundry, dust, vacuum, and run the washing machine and dryer. Well only spencer does the washing and drying. They have been folding the laundry that they are able to and putting it away as well. Spencer cleans the bathroom sink everyday and wipes the table after every meal. I have made them a Chore chart for all the things they need to get done in a day and each time they finish a task, they get a star sticker to mark off that task. When they get all their chores done they get a special treat....candy, ice cream etc. If they get all their chores done everyday for the entire week, we will take a special trip somewhere.....go out for ice cream, go to the zoo, museum, park, movies, etc. They are doing so well and they even keep on me to do my part of the chores (mom will you run the dishwasher so we can unload it and get our star?) It's amazing how much they enjoy it, and I must admit, I'm getting spoiled with so much help!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, the blog looks absolutely great!

    Don't worry about Chloe's fright stage. I can still clearly remember both Geoffery and Crissy having them. I had read somewhere that it is normal for a child to become fearful and uncertain just before they make a large developmental leap and that the thing to do is to make sure they are reassured and feel safe so that they will feel confident to move forward. Sure enough, each time the kids would make some huge leap in maturity within the next couple of months. I remember it because I was amazed that the "experts" actually had that one right.

    Be sure to post photos of the move. I can't wait to visit you guys sometime. Maybe me and Crissy could come up and help you with the move? We'll call it "life skills". LOL!

    ReplyDelete