Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, August 23, 2008

A new day, and still tired

Well I found some moving boxes on Freecycle.com and Matt is going to pick them up later today so I can start packing up stuff we can live without for a while. Five days and counting!

On a side note, I have started thinking that maybe I should stop buying and cooking and feeding meat to my kids. I am having many issues with my hormones right now and am on several diff. meds and I truely belive that it is because of the meat we eat. More and more places are pumping their livestock full of hormoes to make it bigger and better and so they can make more money, but they don't seem to care about the impact it is having on our health. Young girls are developing so much earlier now because of synthetic hormones they are unknowingly taking into their bodies when they have that cheeseburger or steak dinner. I am really worried about the impact it's going to have on my childrens health sometime down the road. Will I have to look back and say "If only i had been more careful what I fed them", they might not have to deal with this issue or that issue. I have spent a large part of the morning looking up farms that sell grass and grain fed beef, chicken, pork etc. also milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt. These things are things that we have at least 4-5 times a week, and the kids drink milk 3-4 times a day! In my heart of hearts, I wish we could live the simple life, farming, raising our own food etc. We wouldn't have to worry about what was going into our childrens bodies. I found a place up here that sells whole or half angus cows and you get like 600-700 lbs of meat in the form of roast, ground beef, steaks, etc. for about $2100 for a whole cow. If we had someone to split it with and each get half a cow or even split it in thirds, we wouldn't have to worry about buying beef again all year!

Ok done ranting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment